In an effort to keep on top of all the exciting papers I want to read (in a perfect world) or, at least, skim this year, I am starting a weekly-ish round-up of those that catch my eye.
In a descending order, here are my top picks published online (early view) since the start of this year:
- Male endocrine response to seasonally varying environmental and social factors in a neotropical primate, Cebus capucinus
- A simple statistical guide for the analysis of behaviour when data are constrained due to practical or ethical reasons
- Energetics of stress: linking plasma cortisol levels to metabolic rate in mammals
- Stress and the microbiome: linking glucocorticoids to bacterial community dynamics in wild red squirrels
- Fatness and fitness: exposing the logic of evolutionary explanations for obesity
- Fluctuating sexual selection and the evolution of a courtship strategy